Friday, March 4, 2011

Topiary make over

I have been eyeballing topiaries for quite sometime now but I REALLY did not want to pay the outrages price for them. I knew I was going to have to make one instead. I went to hobby lobby to get all of the supplies to recreate the topiaries that I love so much and when I started looking and totaling up the price it was considerably less to just make my own. Great news right! Sure but I knew I could still get a better deal in time. 

So today I went to the DI (local thrift shop). I didn't have anything in mind when I went. Much like normal. I never know what I'm going to look for but I always come out with something good! Today was no different! 

I found my TOPIARY! 

Not only did I find a topiary with awesome bones to it but it was a whopping $3.00! Can you believe it! I was so excited I couldn't wait to get home and start taking it apart and making it mine! 
Now it wasn't the cutest but it wasn't that bad either. I just really don't like the glossy, fake, plastic look that it had so on my way home I made a pit stop at walmart to pick up a bag of moss ($2.00) and made my way home. 

I tore all of the old plastic greenery off and started to hot glue the moss on. It took me a whole 10 minutes or so from start to finish and I LOVE the outcome. 
If I were to do this will of of the supplies that I was going to get at hobby lobby I could of walked out spending a good $20.00 or so but I ended up only spending $5.00! 
Now that is a bargain! 

How I bought it from the DI

 After I tore all the plastic stuff off and added the moss! 

I love it!
Now to make something for the other side of my shelf. Its just not doing it for me. I need something just as awesome as my topiary to do it justice! 

1 comment: