Sunday, August 28, 2011

ACU topiary

Remember this ugly thing that I got at the DI for a $5.00 that I was so excited about? 

Well it went from that to this. I thought it was an improvement but still not what I wanted. 
I took it down quick and stored it away until I could find the perfect thing to add to it.

After a few months of being forgotten I figured it out! I knew the perfect thing to add to it! 
I pulled off all of the moss and pinned strips of James' ACUs to it and this is what it looks like:

I don't think it could of turned out any better!
 I loved the look of ribbon topiaries but wanted something permanent so here is my take on a ribbon topiary!  

1 comment:

  1. That is great! I have tried using the moss to cover styrafoam balls and it just never looks right to me. That is a great idea though! I love the colors!